Entrance Requirements and Procedures
SCA welcomes your application as a Standard VI student or secondary school transferee and will make every effort to assist you.
Prospective students are accepted based on the number of spaces available in the freshman class, principal and teacher recommendations, and satisfactory academic performance in English and Math at Stds IV, V, VI and PSE score.
The admission procedures include the following:
- Complete and submit to the Account’s Office your Student Application & Recommendation forms.
- Provide evidence of good conduct and satisfactory academic performance through letters of recommendations from the principal and Standard VI/English/Math teacher of the appropriate primary or secondary school.
- All prospective applicants must have completed Std VI at primary school and have sat the Belize Primary School Examination.
- Attend an interview with the Academy’s Principal and/or a team of faculty members if required to do so.
- Letters of Acceptance from the Principal’s Office are sent to all qualifying students.
- Prospective applicants who applied but did not receive a Letter of Acceptance may request to be placed on the Academy’s freshman class waiting list and may be accepted if a space becomes available.
- All prospective students and at least one of their parents/guardians must attend the Academy’s official registration for the freshman class.
- Proof of nationality of the prospective student being enrolled must be submitted at the time of registration.
- The registration fee of $30.00 and the activity and computer fee of $450.00 for the first year must be paid on the freshman class registration day. (The registration fee includes payment for a copy of the Parent/Guardian/Student Handbook)
- A copy of the official school book list will be provided upon registration.
- All applicants and one of their parents/guardians must sign and submit to the Principal’s Office the Students Discipline Agreement, Tattoo Registration form (if applicable) and the Internet Use Agreement Sign Sheet by mid-October of the school year.
- Payment of school activity fees and computer lab fees must be made before school re-opens. Parents/Guardians may see the Bursar to arrange appropriate payment plan if they are unable to pay the fees by the stipulated time.
- Freshmen with averages below 80% or less than C in PSE Math or English are required to enroll in the Summer School Programme for Math and English. A student may choose to enroll in another subject area, namely Spanish or Literature. A fee is charged per subject and must be paid on registration day.
- All freshmen are required to attend orientation day the Friday before school reopens.
- Work Scholarship Programme and Subsidised Lunch Programme forms are available from the Principal or Vice-principal for a limited number of low-income students who need financial aid.